The holiday season is in full swing. By now everyone have bought gifts for their love ones and many have travelled far and near to visit with family, despite the looming variant of Covid 19. From Simplicityseeu we want to take the time to wish everyone a safe and peaceful holidays.
Holidays though meant to be a time of togetherness for family can be quite a stressful time for many families. I have noticed just how stressed many persons were over having to host gatherings or the financial stress with having to purchase gifts.
I have spoken to persons who want to opt out of family dinners but just do not know how to tell their families for the fear of being judged. The reality is that life is simple and wasn't meant to be complicated. Simplicity should prevail even during the holidays. It is up to you to make sure that you are in charge of simplifying your own life. There are ways to make sure you have a simple holiday as well not getting overwhelmed.
Here are a few tips to making sure your holidays remain simple yet full of enjoyment in being with friends and families.
* Make a list of your plans for the holidays. Write down what type of activities you expect to partake in or what is it you want to avoid. Write down the pros and cons
* Make a list of your finances and how you plan to use your finances. If you feel as if you do not want to buy gifts then you should let your family know in advance. In my family we maintain on only buying gifts for children. The holidays should not be about gifts and persons should not feel bad if they are unable to give their friends or family gifts.
* Decide where you want to spend your holidays. For some persons they do not like family gatherings because there may be tension or for some they may find it uncomfortable. I believe that life is too short to be some where you do not want to be. My advice to persons who are in this situation is to gentle but firmly let their family knows they prefer to not attend a family dinner or holiday gathering
* If you are someone who gets easily stressed during holidays then it is important that you find ways to remain calm by doing certain simple things such as, deep breathing, exercising, or maintaining a hobby. Avoid crowds or public gatherings that may trigger anxiety'
* Plan ahead of the holiday what your budget is and try to stick to it. Regardless of what others are doing, do not get drawn into trying to keep up or compare yourself with others. Stick to the budget you have assigned for yourself.
* Be creative as it pertains to the holidays as giving doesn't always have to be about money. Volunteer to an organization or even help out a neighbour or friend who may be having some struggles. Baked cookies, or do jams or cook a dish for families or friends. There are many creative ways to show the holiday spirit other than financial.
However you enjoy the holiday make it one to remember. The holidays are meant to bring us together than pull us apart. For some it is a time of reflection. Let us remember to be respectful of how others spend their holidays. Not everyone wants to be around others. If you know someone like that, as long as they are ok it is not right to judge, or impose your ideas on others.
From simplicityseeu we wish you a great holiday no matter how you spend it. leave your comments below by letting us know how you spent your holidays.
Follow us on instagram@simplicityseeu. visit our youtube channel and be sure to like, share and subscribe. visit our website at www.simplicityseeu.ca
Mariah Cary has a song that begins by saying there's a hero if you look inside your heart. You do not have to be afraid of what you are
Are you a hero, or better yet are you your own hero. There is a saying that not all super heroes wear a cape. If it is one thing that this Pandemic has done is that it has shown us that there are many heroes live amongst us every day. I want to take the time to thank all our front line workers around the world who have kept the economies afloat despite the threat of this virus. Special thanks to our health care workers who continue to fight an unseen foe
There is a hero that lives inside all of us without us realizing that we are our own super hero. There is a saying that goes you never know just how strong you are until you have to face adversity. There are many persons who have gone through many incredible obstacles but yet they overcome . During difficult times the hero in you will show up
Will the hero inside of you show up today. Instead of feeling down about your circumstances why not figure out how you can rise above it. I guarantee you that once you start to devise a plan on how to get over the obstacles the hero in you will show up and take over
Can you be a hero to someone by uplifting their spirits or by lending a helping hand.. Whenever we reach out to others even if we are going through a hard time, just by reaching out to help others , will in turn lift your spirits. And you may find that whatever you were worried about , just by lending a helping hands to others it takes your mind away from your troubles
It is only through the difficult and rough times that many of us realize the inner strength within us . Many people who have passed through perilous and life threatening experiences look back and wonder how did they do it. They did it because in each of us lies an unforeseen hero which is an inner will power that pushes us to go on and if we seek the will to do so it will be done .
During dark times the hero within us rises up as our strength serves as an anchor to keep us grounded. Through out this difficult time of Covid we have seen many selfless heroes who have put others before themselves. Being a hero doesn't mean that you should sacrifice your emotional or mental health. Always remember to take care of yourself first.You cannot help yourself or someone if you are unwell, therefore be a hero to yourself first and foremost
Bring forth your own hero and stop waiting on someone else or something to save us or take us out or away from a situation. If you are in a jam or out of it today, summon forth your own hero buried inside of you.
Find the strength to persevere through whatever you are going through or whatever is thrown at you . Because when you learn to be your own hero it is a wonderful and glorious feeling when you overcome obstacles that are thrown at you. This doesn't mean that you are fearless, or that you will not want to give up
It just means instead how much better you will feel because you did not give up and how satisfying it will be because you relied on yourself. Being your own hero makes you come to the realization that everything that you need to go through life is already within you and you simply have the power to determine the life that you want. You decide what kind of day you will have, even if it is not going the way you want it to. You see , we can only control ourselves and our own emotions.
You cannot control the weather, certain outcomes or other people, but what you can control is how you will react in various circumstances. You are your own hero, therefore act and respond accordingly. Put the hero within you to work by letting it show up.
Simply being a hero in your own life is about living life on your own terms and not by the standards of society. It is about owning and living the life you love and loving the way that your life is. Being your own hero is about finding peace that transcend from within you that no one can shake or take away.
If you have not done so as yet then make sure to be your own hero and be the best that you can be . It is the best gift that you will ever give to yourself because as I said before you never know how strong you are until you have to be .Celebrate your hero inside of you today.
Let simplicity meets you where you are.
I believe in living life in a simple yet fulfilling stratosphere. Simple doesn't mean denying yourself of all the great things that life has to offer. Life was meant to be lived on your own terms and not on someone else's. It is about you.